(designed by Irene Bercasio)
It all started with a #hashtag.Â Since most events nowadays (wedding included) have a hashtag in this age of social media, I wanted to figure out a way for friends to greet me other than the usual timeline post in FB.Â Two days ago (August 30), we encountered Pose and Print’s #hashtagproject in Imagine Nation Photography’s surprise 10th Anniversary Party where guests posted pics via instagram using the event hashtag and those were printed instantly just like in a photobooth.
I told Mimma I also wanted to have a hashtag on my birthday too and she was warm with the idea.Â Her only concern is that it shouldn’t come off as too self-absorbed or masyadong feeling. I knew I wanted to use #Abet41 because its short and descriptive.Â We wanted the ‘mechanics’ to be effortless for our friends so we simply thought of asking them to use the #Abet41 hashtag (via FB, Instagram or Twitter) in whatever post they fancy.Â Benz did the inviting to this #hashtagparty and our friends responded overwhelmingly! It’s hilarious to see the hashtag ina few totally random pics.
Literally, hundreds and hundreds of posts and pics came pouring in my feeds from August 31 to September 1 (my actual birthday).Â I have a few favorites, and since wedding suppliers are creative people, their memes top my list.
Here is my TOP 14 #Abet41 memes by wedding suppliers…
14. Joannie Candi of Daniel Lei Studio designed this elegant calligraphy on a white Vespa scale model.
13. Photographer Samric Mante inserted a birthday greeting and hashtag in a debutante’s onsite.Â I hope he was able to delete it before it was played during yesterday’s event.
12. Videographer Kris Matanguihan did this ransom note-style layout, most probably while eating!
11. Sheila of Jorem and Sheila Catilo Photography cracked a personalized knock-knock joke.Â #abetchabygollywow
10. OJ of The Pretty Pallette (wedding & event branding) did this Vespa-themed caricature.
9. Makeup artist Madge Lejano who’s also a brand ambassador for Ponds used my Throwback Thurday pic to make me look like a
#pondsbride #pondsbro. hehe
9. Event stylist Teddy Manuel greeted me as ‘Beyonce.’Â The pic was taken when he performed “Single Ladies” during W@W’s 10th Anniversary with other single ‘ladies.’
8. Photographers Mimi + Karl were enjoying their a vacation in Bohol but that didn’t stop them to join the fun.They took the #Abet41 to the beach!
7.Â Chef Velmor of Purple Dish Catering cooked up something simple, creative, and descriptive of his profession.
5. Event stylist Gids Hermosa and his Team Events Studio in Dagupan, Pangasinan did this #Abet41 banderitas to celebrate!
4. Jo Anne of Jayson & Jo Anne Arquiza | Wedding Photographers was unceremoniously ditched from the logo by Jayson in my favor.Â Told him I’ll be collecting my fiar share from the company soon!
3. Oly of MetroPhoto posted this quote.Â Had to ask him what the original word he covered and he said ‘kind.’Â No sense of rhyme in the original and Oly’s is obviously better and more appropriate.Â Btw, ‘abet’ is actually an English word that means ‘to encourage or assist to do something wrong; to instigate or incite.’
2. Jason Magbanua drew a check I can’t cash. Mimma’s actually disappointed that Jase only wrote P1M.
1. Brothers Mar & Kel Laquindanum of WeCelebrate (formerly MyPhotato) did this oil on paper painting entitled “#Abet41″ in 35 minutes.
Let me take this opportunity to thank all our friends who joined us to celebrate the #Abet41 Hashtag Party! MARAMING SALAMAT!